ScientiaMobile has released version 1.8 of its WURFL API. To get the best possible performance from your WURFL solution, you should have both the latest API (1.8) and our most recent XML (released weekly to Commercial license customers).
What’s New in Release 1.8
- Improved detection of iOS 10.
- Improved ability to identify if the requesting HTTP client is an App
- Adding of WURFL Updater that simplifies the setting up and maintenance of weekly XML file updates (Java only)
- Improved decoding of User Agent strings containing special characters
- Improved identification of MIUI devices
Release 1.8 is available across all WURFL products. WURFL OnSite users can download here. WURFL InFuze users can sign in and download from their account. We have moved downloads of the WURFL OnSite API to scientiamobile.com, which requires an account username and password. Please contact us if you have any issues registering for an account.
WURFL Cloud, WURFL.js, and WURFL InSight customers will automatically benefit from Release 1.8 – no downloads necessary.
Beginning with WURFL Release 1.8, ScientiaMobile will only offer WURFL OnSite under either a Commercial license or an Evaluation license. Previous users of AGPL or other Open Source license versions are welcome to evaluate WURFL OnSite for 30 days under the Evaluation license. After 30 days, you can contact us here to acquire a Commercial license. We also offer several other products that may fit your budget and needs (WURFL.js, WURFL Cloud).