ScientiaMobile is a rapidly growing high-tech company headquartered in Reston, VA (the Greater Washington DC area). We offer a innovative, fast-paced, and flexible work environment. We offer excellent health and retirement benefits. Are you tired of working for defense contractors? Then join us at ScientiaMobile.
As a Front-end Engineer At ScientiaMobile You Will
- Work on a multidisciplinary team with product, frontend and backend engineering combined.
- Build and ship web applications that drive core user experiences – have a highly visible impact on the product. Be entrusted to innovate and constantly improve in order to deliver a platform our customers love to interact with daily.
- Be proud of what you’re working on, learn from and give back to your team, contribute to the success of an exciting Northern Virginia based company with global customers.
- Participate in tech talks and guilds to exchange ideas and strategies that advance our ability to build seamless user experiences.
To Accomplish All Of This You Will Need
- Solid experience delivering front end functionality to production in a way that is scalable, maintainable and continuously improving.
- Comfort transforming UX mockups into semantic markup and performant interfaces.
- Familiarity with server side technologies, working with REST endpoints, collaborating with backend engineers to deliver end-to-end functionality.
- Partner with key members of the organization to define end to end customer experience
- Provides customer journey/experience input to the design, architecture, and quality of web software.
- Work closely with product developers to provide overall experience domain expertise
- Incorporate detailed product requirements from testable user stories and annotate wireframes into overall approach
• Familiarity with UI implementation, dedicated and cloud hosting, continuous integration, and testing
- Leads the discovery phase of large projects to develop high level design
- Work through issues and escalate appropriately.
- Pre- and Post- launch, identify barriers to performance, scalability, adaptability, and overall quality from end-customer trials and launch
- 1-2 years of Front end Development experience
- UI or visual design experience
- UX or interaction design experience are a plus
- Knowledge and experience with web and mobile technology stacks
- Understanding of the creative process and workflow
- Ability to navigate complex integration problems that range across the company’s product and technology, including legacy tech stacks
- Experience working directly with design and development team and have the ability to influence and guide the team to optimize the user experience
- Strong analysis of technology strengths and weaknesses to make informed decision
- Excellent spoken & written communication
- Strong time management & organization skills
- Attention to detail with excellent problem solving skills
- Able to work independently and as part of a group
- “Out of the box” thinking and ability to manage multiple competing projects at once
- Ability to work in a fast paced, high growth, changing environment